Talented author and fellow blogger, Pat Wahler, who graciously comments on most of my posts (THANK YOU, PAT! BLOGGERS LOVE COMMENTS! ), nominated me for a Sunshine Award and assigned questions for pondering. The game goes like this:
- Thank the person who nominated you. (Thank you, Pat.)
- Answer the questions from the person who nominated you.
- Nominate other bloggers for the award. (Cackles evilly.)
- Notify the bloggers you have nominated them.
- Hope they don’t block you, link to your blog in a nice post, where they answer these 10 questions. (I’ve made it 10 questions as that seems reasonable)
1. What do you love most about blogging/writing?
I think it’s an outlet for me. I always feel better after blogging and/or working on my novel. I love readers, but even if I don’t have any, I still feel better to get these words running around in my brain out. It’s an added bonus when someone says my words helped them.
2. Name a place you’ve never been but would love to visit and why?
Europe. Well, I feel like I really need to get out of the country and experience life.
3. Describe your favorite snack.
Chips and dips. Almost any. Chips and dips.
4. What’s the best movie you’ve seen recently?
This is so hard for me because currently as a single mother, I see a lot of kids’ movies and/or watch 1 or 2 episodes of some Netflix or Hulu show. So, I recently saw A Wrinkle in Time, and I really did enjoy it.
5. What is your favorite season and why?
I love summer. I love doing summer stuff like swimming and long walks at night and snow cone stands with Katie. And it is much less stressful than the school year in the mornings.
6. Do you believe in ghosts?
I’ve always wanted to see a ghost but I never have. So I’m not sure about this…
7. What advice do you give but don’t take yourself?
Pat said, “Limit your time on social media. It’s a time suck.” That is a great one, Pat, which I also don’t follow. 🙂 I would say, “Stop worrying about the little things so much.” I am a worry-wart.
8. If you had to choose one favorite color, what would it be?
Yellow! Bright and sunny and beautiful.
9. When is the last time you laughed?
With Katie a few minutes ago when I was trying to convince her that she was the mommy and I was the kid–she could do the chores and I could play. 🙂
10. Do you prefer a tablet or actual book while reading?
Actual book reading. I just can’t get into the Kindle, even though I’ve tried several times.
Phew! Okay, now I’m nominating three bloggers:
Amy Willoughby Burle who has a new book out so check her out! THE LEMONADE YEAR!
Amy Harke Moore at “A Rural Girl Writes”. This blog is so good. Her latest post is on perfectionism. Check it out if you haven’t.
Kathryn Schleich at Inspiring Women Authors to Find Their Passion and Live It. Kathryn is a great writer with a great message.